Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween Costume Update

Well, I'm still painting spiderwebs on my clothes to get my spider costume ready for this weekend! Luckily, I found the perfect shoes today. I was beginning to think that I wouldn't find anything that was even acceptable, no less perfect! I painted them when I made it back to my house and they turned out exceptionally well. My pants are nearly done and my shirt only has some leg work that needs to be done. I also managed to get my spider legs rewired with the clear stretch cord that I bought. That was a difficult task! I never realized that stretch cord would not hold a regular knot...or any knot for that matter. I ended up using hot glue, which was an interesting process since it was too hot to simply apply it to the knot. I melted the cord a couple of times and had to start over. I knew that super glue was what I should be using, but I had hot glue at the house already. Loading up two babies to buy super glue didn't sound like much fun! I finally managed to get it completed though and I'm hoping it holds up through the weekend. I think that I'm going to take Itsy Spider and Bitsy Spider to the Halloween parade this Sunday. It starts at one thirty and I put way too much effort into all of our costumes to not go to an actual event! I'll post some pictures of the girls because they are bound to be adorable! Here are my shoes!


No comments:

Post a Comment